Sunday, September 28, 2008

something smells fishy~ O_o!











This week, I came to class late AGAIN. It was all because of the gendre block location. It is located all the way up the 'mountain'. Unfortunately, that is the place where we have to climb up and down for our weekly Gender tutorial. Haish. Most frustrating, we will be late about 15 minutes of technology class as there is no time gap at all. We have to run or 'walk race' to get to the class in time, which is impossible. huhu ^_^" I'm sory Dr Maznah and all. Ive tried my best to come as early as i can.
When i enter the MK1, i was really shock. All my friends were throwing rubber fish at me. I was shocked not because the fish looks ugly or what. But Dr Maznah was also there laughing."Am i dreaming?", that's what in my mind at that time. After a while, then i realize that is one of Dr Maznah teaching approach. Interesting. I would like to apply the method in my classroom later. xP It was not just for fish war, this week we were introduces to 'FISH phylosphy'.FISH Philosophy is a skill that provides the process, tools and language to generate the skills necessary to design a workplace full of inspiration, creativity and innovation. In simple words, teaches us to have fun at work. Not to be careless but to be more motivated and productive. It is very simple phylosophy which only needs 4 simple practices:
  • Be there.
  • Play
  • Make their day
  • Choose your atitude
As a future teacher, i think this method may come very useful in my classroom later. As we know, children come from varies family background. Some of them come from very poor family and having very hard time through their life. This is the time where teachers may help them to forget about their problems for a while and enjoy the lesson. We have to understand that in a classroom all should be treated equally. When they forget about their problem, they are equal and ready to learn. =)

No comments: